Friday, June 22, 2012

Guest Blog By My Dad!


So here I am spending my last night in Africa with my daughter. I have had an amazing time and here are a few of the highlights.     
                                                       
We both succeeded in climbing Kilimanjaro, to the top.  5 days to the summit and one day down, we had a great time.

We then went on Safari in the Maasai Mara which is in southeast Kenya. We saw 20 lions feeding on a fresh kill of water buffalo, full grown.  About 100 Hyena’s were off in about a 100 yard perimeter waiting for the lion’s to finish.  Vultures were waiting the trees for the final feeding.  The accommodations we had were also first class.
 
We then went to Andrea’s site where we hung out.  We hiked every day to other villages or towns.  It is so rural out in the middle of Africa it is hard to describe.  I then had the privilege to be a participant in bringing Andrea a solar suitcase for her maternity ward (her project).  It will offer lighting during operations as there is no electricity.  I was also privileged to use my electrical skills in setting it up and giving a class in its operation and maintenance.

I learned a lot of stuff and I hope to tell you all about it more later.   

 Love you all,  Jay

1 comment:

  1. Electrical work is risky work so take proper safety while using electrical skill for electrical work
    electrician tomball

    ReplyDelete