Thursday, April 26, 2012

World Malaria Day 2012


Yesterday, April 25, 2012 I attended my fellow PCV, Cassidy’s World Malaria Day Event in her village of Chebunyo. Malaria kills 72 children every day worldwide! The worst part is that this is an avoidable disease. Therefore, we handed out nets and taught the villagers how to hang them and tuck them in at night. We also played mosquito tag where one kid was a mosquito and the rest had to run under the net for safety without getting tagged.  I think everyone learned a lot and appreciated my friend for holding the event. I know I enjoyed being a part of it! Hope you are all recognizing World Malaria Day back in America. We are fortunate enough to not have malaria in our country, but others are not.

Follow @StompOutMalaria and @RollBackMalaria on Twitter.com to find out what you can do to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment