Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last blog post in America

I'm sitting in my bed thinking about how I only have a few more nights in it. Oh how I've loved this bed. And now I embark to sleep on much less than a temprapedic and ikea bedding.

Only a few days ago I was off camping and trying out all my new gear with Sean. It was so peaceful and serene. Our camp was literally right on the ocean at the bottom of Mt. Tamalpais. In a way I wish I was still back there sitting next to the campfire, but at the same time I know I have a great journey ahead of me.

I've done most of my packing at this point and I've said some goodbyes. My final goodbye party is on Saturday. We are going to BBQ at the Lafayette Reservoir if it doesn't get rained out. It's been extremely hard saying goodbye to people. I mean I've always been a pretty emotional person, but this is way harder than I thought it would be. I've become so close with my friends here and as I've grown older I've realized how important family can be, so leaving all this behind literally feels like I'm leaving some of myself behind.

But I am looking forward to the future and all the good that it will hold. I can't wait to meet my fellow volunteers and start this journey together. Most of all, I look forward to meeting the people of Kenya and being welcomed into their country so I can someday call it home as well.

I just wanted to say one final thank you to everyone for your support along the way and I'm going to miss everyone so much. Please make an effort to stay in touch with me and I will promise I will do my best to respond to all emails etc when I am able to. And follow this blog to keep up with what I'm doing during my service.

Lots of Love! ya Fatah!

I will see you all in 27 months!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you should post that picture of you with all your luggage. Then everyone will be in awe...

    ReplyDelete