Tuesday, May 10, 2011

25 Days and Counting

Everything is coming together and it feels good. I've had a few set backs, but nothing major. For one, my job called me back in to help out because someone quit. This is bittersweet because I need the extra money, but at the same time I'm not looking forward to having to say goodbye for a second time :( My other set back is that only half of my gear has arrived. I called backcountry.com to ask about where the rest of the stuff was and they said it was delivered last Friday, but I haven't seen anything so I think someone might have stolen it. Anyway, they said they're going to resend the order so it could have been worse.

Other then that, things are going great. I spent this last weekend in Mt. Shasta saying goodbye to my cousins. We went hiking in Castle Craggs State Park and had a great time! I have some other fun activities set for the rest of the month such as camping with my boyfriend, Sean. We are going to test out my equipment so I'll know how to use everything once I'm in Kenya. I have a going away BBQ planned for June 4th and a few friends are flying out for it.

But my biggest news is that my flight is scheduled! I'll be flying to Philadelphia June 5th at 9:05a.m.! I'll be doing some initial training and getting my shots there. Then we all fly out June 7th around 6p.m. for Nirobi, Kenya. I've been talking to a lot of the people in my training group on facebook and getting to know them. Everyone seems super cool and I'm so excited to meet them in person.

I can't believe how time is flying. To think it took me two years to finally be saying I'm actually departing...

No comments:

Post a Comment