Monday, May 2, 2011

My Packing List

It's been hard considering what to pack when I only get two 40lb bags to check, but I've finally compiled a list! Now it's just up to actually packing!

Here's what I'll be keeping most of my gear in!

I'm also bringing this day pack, which I will be checking as well. Then I'll take two carry-ons that will be considerably smaller.

At night I'll be sleeping in this sleeping bag and on this amazing sleeping pad (which are both very light for traveling)


And I got this little guy to make things extra comfy! I couldn't help myself, I deserve a little comfort...haha 100% silk sleeping bag liner:

I'm so excited! And while I'm there I plan to do some hiking and camping, especially when I do Mt. Kenya. Therefore I bought this to stay warm and cozy in. Plus in some hostels, it's cheaper to stay in a tent next to the hostel instead of a bed. Who wants to stay in those gross beds anyway when you can get the privacy of your own tent?!

Got these little babies to walk in!

and finally I got this cute headlamp! I seriously almost went for the pink one, but had to hold myself back as to not be too flashy haha get it, "flashy"!

Other than that, this is what I plan to pack:

Bug repellent
socks
journal + a spare
ipod
iphone
computer
external
digital camera with charger
larger camera with rechargeable batteries and charger
solar charger plus cradles
kindle
flashlight
headlamp
sharp knife for cooking
swiss army knife
solar water bottle (courtesy of Sean White!)
sun glasses with case
cotton sheets (required by Peace Corps)
light blanket (required by Peace Corps)
12 passport photos (required by Peace Corps)
nail clippers
small gift for host family
warm jacket
rain jacket
sandals
deodorant
face wash (my kind that warms up because they won't have it there)
tooth paste and tooth brush
sun screen
playing cards
bath towels (required by peace corps)
duct tape
watch
pictures from home
extra AAA and AA batteries
razor and extra blades
whistle
hand sanitizer/face wipes
2 colors nail polish for fun
underwear
hot hands
gloves
bathing suit
shampoo/conditioner
aspirin, band-aids, NyQuil
sweatshirt
jeans
light shirts
long sleeve shirts
long skirt
carabiners
leggings
work out pants
hat
a few essential make-up items
a cute dress to go out in
a pair of comfortable wedges/heels

I'm still working on the list and still have to ACTUALLY pack, but I'm getting super excited and looking forward to when that part of my journey is behind me. It's amazing how little you really can live on which is something I have to continue to remind myself when thinking about how bad I'd like to bring my tempurpedic! haha! But I think I'm off to a good start and I'm so thankful that I can always call up my family to send me essentials if need be :)

33 DAYS!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrea! WoW you are so much further than I am!! I am still deciding on which this and which that to bring..but your list is going to help me!! >>AGHHH running out of days! Looking forward to meeting you! It's going to be a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete